Benefits of Chair Pose:
- Tones the leg muscles excellently
- Strengthens hip flexors, ankles, calves, and back
- Stretches chest and shoulders
- Reduces symptoms of flat feet
- Stimulates the heart, diaphragm, and abdominal organs
1. Standing on the board with the feet together or hip width apart, inhale the arms forward parallel to the board with the palms facing down.
2. Exhale and bend the knees, squatting down. Reach the hips down and back as if you were going to sit on the edge of a chair, bringing your weight to the heels of the feet. Do not bring the hips lower than the level of the knees. Make sure that the knees are pointing straight ahead.
3. Press the shoulders down and back trying to arch the spine. Relax the shoulders down and back and reach out through the finger tips.
4. Breathe and hold for 5 breaths.